Main Menu

Cover
Foreword
Introduction

Search Menu

Browse by Title
Browse by Keyword
Browse by Repository
Search by Keyword
 
Contacts
Credits
 

Other Sources

Minerva
UofL Libraries & Collections

Louisville School of Art records


Collection : Louisville School of Art records
Date/Extent : 1909-1983, 0.25 linear ft.
Description : The Louisville School of Art, originally the Art Center School, was founded by the Louisville Handicraft Guild, later the Art Center of Louisville. Its founders merged with the Louisville Art Association in 1942. The Art Center School changed its name to the Louisville School of Art in 1968, continuing until 1983 when it closed and was absorbed by the University of Louisville. The school's records include minutes, financial documents, legal files, and exhibition catalogs of this private art school. There are also reports for the Louisville Handicraft Guild from 1914 to 1929, the Louisville Art Association from 1909 to 1942, the Art Center from 1929 to 1942, the Art Center Association from 1942 to 1975, and the Louisville School of Art from 1968 to 1981. The collection includes photographs and scrapbooks.
Repository : University Archives